Objective: To find a career opportunity in the cycling industry that is fun, challenging, and rewarding.
Education: Bachelor of
Major: Political Science
Experience: Store Manager, Indy Cycle Specialist, June 2001-Present
· Helped oversee all store operations including merchandising, purchasing, sales, and service.
· Performed all custom fittings.
Human Resources Manager/Advocacy Liaison, Bicycle Garage Indy, Nov. 1999-June 2001
· Scheduled over 65 employees at four locations on a weekly basis.
· Designed and administered all of the training programs for new and current employees.
· Revised and developed the content for all company manuals and procedures.
· Conducted interviews and hiring for all potential employees.
· Handled all employee issues and concerns.
· Acted as the company’s liaison for all local, state, and national cycling advocacy issues.
· Managed and sold to over 150 bicycle retail accounts statewide.
· Represented dozens of cycling product lines.
· Handled customer service for all accounts.
Selling Floor Manager, Bicycle Garage Indy, North Location, June 1998-November 1998
· Directed a large staff of over twenty-five full and part-time employees at a 15,000-sq. ft. store.
· Managed all customer requests, special orders, and financing.
· Ran all selling floor operations on a daily basis.
Store Manager, Bicycle Garage Indy, Broad Ripple Location, February 1997-June 1998
· Designed and implemented a new Cannondale concept store from the ground up.
· Oversaw all store operations.
· Managed a staff of eight employees.
Bicycle Exchange/Bikes USA,
· Served customers on the sales floor.
· Performed minor repairs when needed.
· Assisted with merchandising duties.
· CABDA Comprehensive Bicycle Mechanical Course, 1998
References are available upon request.